Reasons for self-explosion of toughened glass:
1. The glass raw material contains nickel sulfide crystals, which causes self-explosion. This is an unavoidable factor in the industry. (Note: The self-explosion rate of ordinary toughened glass is 0.3%)
2. The quality of tempered glass is unqualified: there are stones, impurities, bubbles, uneven thickness, etc. in the glass, causing self-explosion.
3. The factory processing level is not high: Improper operation causes defects such as scratches, cracks, and deep edges in the glass. Concentrated stress causes the tempered glass to self-explode.
4. The higher the degree of tempering, the higher the self-destruction rate.
5. Improper transportation and installation: causing squeezing force on the edges or corners of the glass, causing the glass to burst.
How to reduce the self-explosion of toughened glass? There are several measures:
1. Choose glass sheets from regular manufacturers, with high quality and low self-explosion rate.
2. Choose ultra-white glass. Ultra-white glass is also low-iron glass. It contains less impurities and has a lower self-explosion rate.
3. Perform secondary heat treatment on tempered glass, namely Heat Soaked Test. The self-explosion rate after heat soaking is 0.15-0.1%
4. Under the requirement of strength design, the stress value of tempered glass should be controlled between 95Mpa. Not only is the self-explosion rate low, but the deformation of the glass is small and the flatness is good.
5. Choose a kind of safety glass with relatively safe processing technology, such as semi-toughened laminated glass
6. Apply explosion-proof film to the glass surface.
Joy Shing Glass is a professional glass manufacturer with rich industry experience, advanced production equipment, mature production technology and strict quality management system to ensure the high quality of glass. We can provide integrated glass solutions, online technical support, free samples and other services according to your project. Our company's toughened glass products comply with CE and other standards and can be used with confidence. If you need to know more, please feel free to contact us.
Related product catalogs can be viewed: Safety Toughened Glass
Send your inquiry directly to us